The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA), operates the Las Vegas Convention Center, and is committed to sustainable strategies that create superior customer experiences. LVCVA partners with show producers, building clients, business partners and contractors to:
- Maximize recycling of excess materials, including carpet, techno trash, cables and more.
- Utilize eco-friendly cleaning products.
- Offer plant-based food options which can reduce carbon emissions and waste byproducts.
- Connect building clients with local community organizations, charities and non-profits which can benefit from corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- Reducing lighting intensity by 50% during event move-in/move-out periods
- Powering off escalators on low-traffic days
- Converting lighting fixtures to energy-efficient LED lamps
- Utilizing low-flow toilets in nearly 100% of all bathrooms.
- Installing desert landscaping throughout the grounds, saving more than 1 million gallons of water annually.
- Using products certified by the EPA WaterSense program, which use less water and save energy.
- Using a dual-stream process that captures mixed recyclables (paper, plastics, metals, reusable dishware), diverting items from trash receptacles.
- Practicing environmental purchasing, in which the LVCVA evaluates the environmental and sustainability of the property it purchases. In addition, used equipment that is no longer viable to operation is auctioned to local vendors who may benefit from their use.
- The LVCVA’s Finance Department has operated completely digitally since 2014.
REDUCE EMISSIONS - WITH LOW-IMPACT TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS FROM THE LVCC CAMPUS
- The Las Vegas Monorail connects the Las Vegas Convention Center to six additional stations along Las Vegas Boulevard.
- RTC Transit provides services for conventions as well as regular stops near the LVCC.
- Taxis and rideshare services are available during events.
- The LVCVA utilizes electric-powered carts and lifts on Las Convention Center campus.